TITLE: HP Notebook System BIOS Update
VERSION: 01.02 REV: A PASS: 1
This package creates files that contain an image of the System BIOS (ROM) for
the supported notebook models with a P70 family ROM. This package is used to
flash the System ROM on a supported notebook.
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP80872.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: dfa18ab49c8271d7941dbad77de92ba3
EFFECTIVE DATE: June 19, 2017
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP ZBook 17 G4 Mobile Workstation
HP ZBook 15 G4 Mobile Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 All Editions (64-bit)
- Updates the Intel microcode to version 0x5E on systems running the Kaby Lake
- Provides updates for the BIOS security.
- Fixes an issue where the System Management Command does not function properly
when USB Storage Boot is disabled.
- Fixes an issue where certain USB connections are not detected properly.
- Fixes an issue where BIOS recovery fails.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and
saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where
the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Copyright (c) 2017 HP Development Company, L.P.